Resources Directory

Kellogg Community College Reference Guide



  • Information about State of Michigan resources for programs such as TIP, MET, MESP and more is available at
  • Battle Creek Community Foundation grant and scholarship information is available at
  • Information about Kellogg Community College Foundation grants and scholarships is available at the KCC Foundation webpage.


            • View a YouTube video providing an overview of the financial aid process

            • View a YouTube video providing an overview of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

            • View a YouTube video outlining the truth about financial aid

            • View a YouTube video about how to determine your dependency status

            • View a YouTube video about how to fill out the FAFSA

            • View a YouTube video about what to do after you complete the FAFSA

            • View a YouTube video about types of financial aid available

            • Fill out and submit a FAFSA at
            • A YouTube tutorial on How To Create An FSA ID
          • Loan calculators and information about preparing for college and applying for and receiving financial aid are available at
          • You can manage your Direct Loan account, complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance and Exit Counseling, and calculate and make payments on your student loans at
          • You can make inquiries about Title IV grants and/or loan amounts and outstanding balances and check on loan statuses and disbursements at
          • To order a tax transcript, visit
          • Information about federal programs, college accreditation, parent and family resources and more is available at
          • Information about consolidating your loans is available at


          • Federal Student Aid Information Center: 1-800-4-FED-AID or 1-800-433-3243
          • Duplicate SARs or Address and School Changes (student only): 1-319-337-5665
          • Direct Loan Consolidation: 1-800-557-7392
          • Direct Loan Debt Collection Service: 1-800-621-3115
          • Direct Loan Servicing Center: 1-800-848-0979
          • Internal Revenue Service: 1-800-TAX-1040
          • Michigan Office of Scholarships & Grants: 1-888-447-2687
          • USA Group Borrower Services: 1-877-872-4768

Contacts for visually and hearing impaired

          • For Visually-Impaired students: A Student Aid Audio Guide is available from the reference desk in the KCC library.
          • Federal Student Aid Information Center: 1-800-433-3243
          • Direct Loan Servicing: 1-800-557-7392
          • Direct Loan Consolidation: 1-800-557-7392
          • Debt Collection Service: 1-800-621-3115

U.S. Department of Education web sites are designed for text-only access, which make them accessible for individuals with screen readers. Alternate formats can be found at

Students and parents can also request Braille copies of student aid information publications by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.

For Hearing-Impaired students. All of SFA’s major call centers have TTYs. TTY access is available during the “operator services” hours of operation. Hearing impaired students may also contact three of the call centers by email. The TTY numbers and email addresses are:

          • Federal Student Aid Information Center: or 1-800-730-8913
          • Loan Consolidation: or 1-800-557-7395
          • Debt Collection Service: or 1-800-730-8913
          • Direct Loan Servicing: 1-800-848-0983

Students may also write the U.S. Department of Education at:

Student Financial Assistance
P. O. Box 84
Washington, DC 20044-0084