International Students

Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently not accepting Fall 2020 admission applications for international students. Please email us at for more information and to learn more about our planning for the future semesters.

Kellogg Community College will admit international students to the College on a selected basis. To be considered for admission to KCC, you will need to do the following:

  • Complete and sign the International Application for Admission. You may download the International Admissions Application file for printing.
  • Make arrangements to send or request official copies of your academic records, both high school and college, translated into English. Evaluations must be done by an accredited organization (ACEI or WES).
  • Applicants from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of written and oral English competency by submitting official copies of scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the MELAB (Michigan Test of English Proficiency). KCC requires a score of 500 on the written TOEFL (computer-based = 173; internet-based = 61), a minimum score of 5 on IELTS or a minimum score of 75 on the Michigan test.
  • Submit proof of support in the form of a letter from a parent, guardian or relative or a sponsoring agency (government or private). Also submit a bank statement certifying you have adequate funds for the cost of tuition, fees and living expenses. All bank statements must be submitted in U.S. dollars in a stamped and sealed envelope from the bank. Statements cannot be older than 60 days. Minimum cost is estimated at $16,000 U.S. dollars per year. Students should not expect to be able to find a job off campus and are not eligible for grants or scholarships.

Mail the completed application, official transcripts, language test scores, bank statement and proof of support to:

Kellogg Community College
Admissions Office
450 North Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49017

Once students receive their I-20 from KCC, they must obtain an I-901 form and pay the SEVIS fee at prior to embassy appointment to obtain a student visa.

To enter the country you must have a valid passport and your current I-20. You will receive an I-94 card upon your arrival.

If you are a transfer student from a college, university or language center, you must also present a copy of your current I-20, I-94 card and passport. A KCC I-20 will not be issued until all forms have been received and evaluated.

If you need an I-20 sent by Federal Express, you must pay the cost. KCC cannot be responsible for paying this expense.