Welcome! The Legacy Scholars Scholarship is a great opportunity from the Battle Creek College Access Network (BC CAN) and the Battle Creek Community Foundation (BCCF) for eligible graduates of Battle Creek Public Schools, Calhoun Community High School, Lakeview School District, and WK Prep Academy. The scholarship provides up to 62 credit hours of tuition and mandatory fees and four (4) book stipends at Kellogg Community College, which translates into an associate degree in most programs! The application process requires steps through both the Battle Creek Community Foundation (BC CAN’s parent organization) and Kellogg Community College. Your journey for obtaining the scholarship intertwines between both organizations.
- Submit a FAFSA to KCC and complete necessary additional documents. The FAFSA can be completed any time after October 1st of the student’s senior year in high school.
- An annual application is required to be submitted by the March 1st deadline. Submit a scholarship application to the Battle Creek Community Foundation with your most recent official transcript and current year FAFSA student aid report attached.
- After March 1st, use the Bruin Portal to submit any requested documents from the Office of Financial Aid. Once available, you can print a copy of your Financial Aid Award letter or your No Need (not eligible for aid) letter. Officially accepting your Legacy Scholars Scholarship requires that you submit to the Battle Creek Community Foundation your Award or No Need Letter.
- Register for classes and sign up with KCC’s payment plan.
Scholarship eligibility is based on continuous enrollment in an eligible district from 8th grade through graduation. The table below indicates the percentage you are eligible for based on your entrance into the school district.
|Legacy Scholars Eligibility|
|8th Grade||9th Grade||10th Grade||11th – 12th Grade|
|62 Credit Hours||46.5 Credit Hours||31 Credit Hours||0 Credit Hours|
Guest Students Can Use Their Legacy Scholarship!
If you attend another institution but plan to take a few courses at KCC while on break, you can use your Legacy Scholars Scholarship while you attend KCC. Be sure to apply by the posted deadline each year and notify the Legacy Scholars office of your desire to take summer classes. Attending KCC as a guest student is smart, financially responsible, and may help you graduate faster. It is essential to talk with your home institution about the transfer-ability of courses from KCC.
For questions about the Financial Aid Process at KCC, contact: Financial Aid office 269-965-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about enrolling at KCC, contact: Admissions 269-965-4153 or email@example.com
For questions about scholarship eligibility, the application process, and deadlines, contact the Battle Creek College Access Network or Battle Creek Community Foundation staff:
- Terry Burleson, BC CAN Program Officer, 269-719-8228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laure Zalle, BC CAN Senior Program Officer, 269-719-8228 or email@example.com
- Celia Compton, BC CAN Scholarship Associate, 269-962-2181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joann Farnham, BC Scholarship Officer, 269-962-2181 or email@example.com