Welcome! The Legacy Scholars Scholarship is a last-dollar scholarship to use at Kellogg Community College that provides up to 62 credit hours of tuition and mandatory fees, as well as four (4) book stipends of up to $500 each for required books and materials to be purchased at the KCC Bookstore. Eligibility is based on continuous enrollment in an eligible district (Battle Creek Public Schools or Lakeview School District) and students must graduate from one of the following high schools in Battle Creek: Battle Creek Central High School, Calhoun Community High School, Lakeview High School, Lakeview Alternative, and W.K. Preparatory Academy. Legacy Scholars have five years after high school graduation to use their scholarship.
KCC’s Admissions Representatives are available to assist Legacy Scholar students either remotely or in person. Students can schedule a Legacy Scholars Admissions appointment in-person, by video or phone call to do the following: apply for KCC admission, better understand the enrollment process, and register for classes, or be referred to another department for success. After the student meets with KCC Admissions, it is still important to follow the general steps below to ensure successful completion of the Legacy Scholars Application through the Battle Creek Community Foundation.
- Submit a FAFSA to KCC and complete necessary additional documents. The FAFSA can be completed any time after October 1st of the student’s senior year in high school.
- An annual application is required to be submitted by the March 1st deadline. Submit a scholarship application to the Battle Creek Community Foundation with your most recent official transcript and current year FAFSA student aid report attached.
- After March 1st, use the Bruin Portal to submit any requested documents from the Office of Financial Aid. Once available, you can print a copy of your Financial Aid Award letter or your No Need (not eligible for aid) letter. Officially accepting your Legacy Scholars Scholarship requires that you submit to the Battle Creek Community Foundation your Award or No Need Letter.
- Register for classes and sign up with KCC’s payment plan.
Scholarship eligibility is based on continuous enrollment in an eligible district from 8th grade through graduation. The table below indicates the percentage you are eligible for based on your entrance into the school district.
|Legacy Scholars Eligibility|
|8th Grade||9th Grade||10th Grade||11th – 12th Grade|
|62 Credit Hours||46.5 Credit Hours||31 Credit Hours||0 Credit Hours|
Guest Students Can Use Their Legacy Scholarship!
If you attend another institution but plan to take a few courses at KCC while on break, you can use your Legacy Scholars Scholarship while you attend KCC. Be sure to apply by the posted deadline each year and notify the Legacy Scholars office of your desire to take summer classes. Attending KCC as a guest student is smart, financially responsible, and may help you graduate faster. It is essential to talk with your home institution about the transfer-ability of courses from KCC.
For questions about the Financial Aid Process at KCC, contact: Financial Aid office 269-965-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about enrolling at KCC, contact: Admissions 269-965-4153 or email@example.com
For questions about scholarship eligibility, the application process, and deadlines, contact the Battle Creek College Access Network or Battle Creek Community Foundation staff:
- Laure Zalle, BC CAN Senior Program Officer, 269-719-8228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick Chenault, BC CAN Program Manager, 269-719-8228 or Patrick@battlecreekcan.org
- Celia Compton, BC CAN Scholarship Associate, 269-962-2181 or email@example.com
- Joann Farnham, BC Scholarship Officer, 269-962-2181 or firstname.lastname@example.org