Part-time Nursing Admissions Update
(Updated: Monday, July 6, 2020, at 5:18 pm)
- Kaplan Test: Click HERE to register for the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test. All testing will take place at the Battle Creek Campus in the Roll Building in Room 211, on selected dates and times from Monday, July 20th – Thursday, August 13th. If you have difficulties signing up for a session or have questions, please contact our Nursing Department at email@example.com.
- Pre-Nursing Admission Session (PANS): KCC’s Online PANS is now available for registration. To register for the online PANS, please register for PANS-C100 through the Bruin Portal. Please click HERE for how-to instructions on registering for classes.
Nursing Admissions Deadlines 2020-2021
- Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) – Jan. 15, 2020
- Full-time Nursing (Fall 2020) – June 15, 2020
- Part-time Nursing (Spring 2021) – August 17, 2020
Nursing Admissions Deadlines 2021-2022
- Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) – Jan. 15, 2021
- Full-time Nursing (Fall 2021) – June 1, 2021
- Part-time Nursing (Spring 2022) – August 16, 2021
Full-time and Part-time Nursing Admissions Requirements
Fall 2020 Full-time/Spring 2021 Part-time Nursing applications became available beginning Jan. 15, 2020. Fall 2021 Full-time/Spring 2022 Part-time Nursing applications will be available beginning Jan. 15, 2021.
Please check back soon for our 2021-2022 Student Nursing Admission Packet!
The Full-time and Part-time Nursing program is a competitive point-based admissions program. Points are awarded for grades in coursework, degrees earned, and Kaplan Admission Test.
All students must complete a KCC General Application and have met all admissions requirements prior to applying to the Nursing program. Please review the above Nursing Admission Packet for more information on admissions requirements and earning points.
To Apply to the Nursing Program:
Students who have completed and/or submitted all of the Nursing Program admission requirements, please:
- Click the blue “Nursing: Selective Admission Application” button below to access the KCC eForms system;
- Then click “Forms”;
- Then click on the “AM – Selective Admissions Application.” This form will give you the option to select and complete either the Fall 2020 Full-time Nursing application or the Spring 2021 Part-time Nursing application.
- For additional assistance with the Selective Admission Application, see our HELP document.
Please Note: Students are only allowed to apply for one selective admissions program at a time. Submitting applications for multiple programs will alter your initial application status.
PANS and Kaplan Admission
Pre-Admission Nursing Session (PANS)
*Please see updated information about how to register for the online PANS above.
Individuals planning to apply to the Nursing program are REQUIRED to attend PANS. These sessions are intended to provide students with information about our Nursing program. Students will learn about the Admission process as well as important facts about the program and the profession. Students are encouraged to attend PANS early in their preparation.
*Please see updated information about how to take the Kaplan above.
For students applying to the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Nursing program, Kaplan testing is now available. For more information about the Kaplan and how to pre-register for the test, click here!
View the Kaplan Prep Guide to help you prepare for the test.
Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) Admissions Requirements
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Advanced Placement applications will be available: Nov. 1, 2020 – Jan. 15, 2021.
Please check back soon for our 2021-2022 Advanced Placement Nursing Admissions Packet!
Admissions to the Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) program is based upon students’ submission of a complete application. Applicants who have a complete packet and documentation of the above requirements will be admitted to the program by their date of application completion.
All students must complete a KCC General Application and have met all admissions requirements prior to applying to the Nursing program. Please review the above Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) Checklist for more information on admissions requirements.
LATEX Environment Statement
Due to the broad range of equipment, manikins, materials and supplies used in the College’s practice and simulation laboratories, and within a vast number of hospitals and other types of clinical facilities serving as sites for student clinical education, the certified nurse assistant (CENA), dental hygiene, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nursing, paramedic/EMS, physical therapist assistant (PTA), and radiography (RADI) programs are NOT latex free environments. Students with latex allergies considering any of these health programs should direct questions to their physician to ensure it is safe for them to participate prior to applying to the program.
Positive Drug Screen Statement
Students with a positive drug screen will be deemed ineligible to participate in clinical education. Furthermore, as clinical education is a critical requirement of Nursing, Allied Health and Emergency Medical Services programs, the student will be dismissed from their current program of study. For students who would like to be considered for re-admission, they should refer to their program’s policy of re-admission and direct questions to the program director.