- If you officially drop a class, you will be granted a refund of paid tuition and fees. A course section dropped by the specified drop date listed on the Class Schedule (www.kellogg.edu), will be granted a full refund of paid tuition and fees with no academic penalty. Any course section dropped after the stated drop date will be processed as a course withdrawal (grade of “W” on the academic transcript) subject to the tuition and fees of the course.
- Refund calculations are based upon the total tuition and fee obligations to the College and not upon the amount of partial payment made.
- In order to drop and receive a refund, you must initiate an official class drop prior to the drop deadline. College staff members are not responsible to submit schedule adjustments on behalf of the student. Schedule adjustments are submitted to the Records and Registration office; the Grahl, Fehsenfeld and Eastern Academic Centers; the RMTC office; or on the KRIS automated registration system.
- Cancelled classes will be granted a full refund of paid tuition and fees.
- A refund will not be granted if you withdraw from classes or are administratively withdrawn from the College for disciplinary or attendance reasons.
- If you are a currently enrolled student and are called for military duty, present a copy of your military orders to the Registrar’s office. You shall be dropped from all uncompleted courses without a grade and be granted a refund of all tuition and fees paid.
A Refund Appeal Committee is in place to consider tuition refund appeals from students.
Students may submit a Refund Appeal Form along with their written request and supporting documentation to:
Refund Appeal Committee
c/o Business Office
Kellogg Community College
450 North Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397
Appeals should be submitted during the semester in which the course was taken. The Business Office will respond in writing within 30 business days to the student. The written appeal must be submitted within one year of the date when the course was taken.