Please note: Please check the COVID-19 website regarding the College’s operational status at www.kellogg.edu/coronavirus . For general help, please visit our Virtual Services page at www.kellogg.edu/virtualservices.
Registration for the Fall 2021 semester began June 7, 2021.
The new 2021-2022 Academic Year schedule is now viewable, including the 2021 Fall, 2022 Spring, and 2022 Summer semesters.
A registration period is scheduled prior to each semester.
Fall classes begin August 30, 2021
*All campus offices are closed on Fridays in June and July.
How To Register
Kellogg Student Self-Service Center
Registration is available through the Bruin Portal, or in-person with photo ID.
The Kellogg Student Self-Service Center will allow you to register for classes and access personal and/or sensitive information online which is unique and confidential to you between 4 a.m. and midnight seven days a week.
Current in person office hours are: Mon-Thur 9:00am-3:00pm, while phones are answered 8:00am-6:00pm Mon-Thurs.
Please send us an email to assist you with your questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 269.965.5522
Registration and Schedule Adjustments
Register for a Class
To register for a class, please fill out the Registration Form below. You can mail, fax, or email us a scanned copy. You may also take a picture of the form, if the entire document is viewable. Please make sure to fill out the forms legibly and to sign all the signature boxes. You may fax it to: 269-565-2048 or email it to us, along with picture ID at: email@example.com.
Note: Student’s may use an unofficial transcript for proof of meeting course requirements. Transfer courses will not be placed on the student record. To receive credit, an official transcript must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
Registration Form (PDF)
A schedule adjustment period is provided for students who have registered and find it necessary to revise their course selections. Schedule adjustments must be made within the time limits established by the College. For information on dropping a course with a refund, see the Tuition Refund Policy. To view course section drop and withdrawal dates, see the class schedule.
Schedule Adjustment Form (PDF)
A schedule adjustment period is provided for students who have registered and find it necessary to revise their course selections. Schedule adjustments must be made within the first week of the course section. For information on dropping a course with a refund, see the Tuition Refund Policy. Late adding course sections is defined as registering for a course after the first full day of the course section start date. For example, if a course section begins on May 1, registering for the course on May 2 or within that week is considered late adding, and will need departmental and faculty permission. Be sure to verify with the Financial Aid Office for coverage using your financial aid.
Late Add Guidelines
- Students must follow KCC procedures for adding a course section late. Efforts are made to meet student requests, but late add requests are not guaranteed to be approved. Students are encouraged to work with Academic Advising to schedule courses in advance to avoid the need for schedule adjustments.
- Each student is accountable for any missed work. It is at the instructor’s discretion on how attendance is tracked. In some cases, a student may not have the opportunity to submit late work and/or make up missed time.
- Students who add after the drop/add refund deadline of a course section will not be able receive a refund. If you drop a course section after the add/drop period, a grade of “W”, (withdraw) will be on your academic transcript. Financial aid sources are not always available for course sections added after the drop/add refund deadline date. If you are looking to have financial aid pay for a late add course, section verify this with the Financial Aid Office prior to registration. Schedule adjustments must be made within the time limits established by the College. For information on dropping a course with a refund, see the Tuition Refund Policy.
Late Add Procedures
- Students must obtain permission to late add into a course section by contacting the academic department.
- If approved by the department chair and faculty member, the student will be notified by an email to the students KCC email account.
- Once approval is obtained, the student must register for the class within two business days of the date permission is granted. If a student does not register within two business days, the late add approval expires.
- Each student with late add authorization must contact the KCC Registrar’s Office (Battle Creek campus) or a KCC Regional Academic Center (Eastern Academic Center, Grahl Center, Fehsenfeld Center or Regional Manufacturing Technology Center) to finalize the registration. Contact can be made in person, via phone or via email.
The College reserves the right to cancel courses before, during, or at the conclusion of the registration period.
Auditing a Course
You may audit a class for enjoyment, personal exploration, gaining insight into a new subject, or for other reasons. Auditing students are expected to participate in the class by attending and completing all assignments. Those who do not wish to complete daily assignments may be required to develop an “audit contract” with the course instructor. Audited courses receive no academic credit and therefore do not apply towards graduation requirements, financial aid eligibility or athletic team eligibility. See the Grade of “X” (Audit) section on our grading system.
A change from audit to credit status must be made before seven-eighths (7/8) of the duration of the course has elapsed. Course requirements must have been completed prior to the request for this change and must have the consent of the instructor.
Withdrawals may be processed for single courses or as a complete withdrawal from college. You may process withdrawals either on the Student Self-Service system or by submitting a withdrawal form to the Registrar’s Office; the Eastern Academic, Grahl, or Fehsenfeld Centers; or RMTC office. If you need assistance to withdraw, contact an academic advisor.
You may withdraw from a course after the drop/refund period and prior to seven eighths (7/8) of the duration of the course. Withdrawing will generate a grade of “W” on your academic record for each course withdrawal. There are no tuition or fees refunded when you withdraw from a course.
Course Withdrawal Form (PDF)
If you withdraw during the final one-eighth (1/8) of the duration of a course, a grade of “F” will be entered on your academic record for each course withdrawal. If you stop attending a course and do not formally withdraw, the instructor will assign a final grade based upon progress toward completion of course objectives.
Withdrawal from College
Withdrawal from college is defined as the student’s formal withdrawal from all courses currently in progress.
Any currently enrolled student who is called for military duty shall be dropped from all uncompleted courses without grade and will be granted a refund of all tuition and fees paid upon receipt of a copy of military orders to the Registrar’s office.