Registration for the Spring 2022 semester begins Monday, October 25, 2021 at 7:00am online, and 8:00am in-person. Classes begin January 18, 2022. Staff are available at 269.965.5522 or email us at email@example.com with any questions!
NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® is a series of computer-adaptive placement assessments. NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® does not determine admission status with Kellogg Community College. There are three sections of the NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER®: reading, writing, and math, (4 if you are completing English as a second language tests). Sections are not timed, but students generally spend 30-45 minutes on each; expect to spend about 2 hours for all three sections.
Choose In-Person or Remote Placement Testing with Next Gen Accuplacer Tests for:
- ESL Testing (For students whom English is the second language)
For practice help, visit NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER.
To test you will need to:
- Complete the KCC Admission Application
- Provide a current picture ID: (Student ID or government issued ID, Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport)
- Allow 1-3 hours for testing depending on the number of sections you take.
- Complete KCC’s free Online Learner Orientation (KCCS-C100)
- In person testing is free UNLESS it is a retake. Retake fees are $5.00 per test section; due before testing. Students must wait a full 24 hours from the time of finishing a test, to retest. Retest fees may be paid ahead of time by phone with a credit/debit card by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 269.965.5522 or when you come in to complete the test.
ATTENTION – If you have not provided your high school transcript and/or ACT/SAT/PSAT scores that are less than 5 years old to KCC, do so prior to testing. Sufficient test scores or final high school transcripts with a cumulative, non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher may eliminate or reduce your need for placement testing. Also, send your official college/university transcript(s) because an evaluation may determine transfer credits and/or may reduce or eliminate the need to complete testing.
Send documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct questions to Assessment Testing at 269.965.4136 or email@example.com.
- *Students with a documented disability may submit documentation, identifying your accommodation need to, the Center for Student Success so that we can assist your testing experience.
In-Person Placement Testing
- Appointments are strongly recommended and walk-ins may not be able to be accommodated in order to maintain social distancing.
Click a link below to schedule an In-Person Accuplacer Assessment/Placement Test at one of our locations:
- Battle Creek Campus appointment!
- Eastern Academic Center/Albion appointment!
- Fehsenfeld Center/Hastings appointment!
- Grahl Center/Coldwater appointment!
Remote Online Placement Testing
- Convenient remote testing with a live proctor/representative.
- A proctoring fee of $25 (plus tax) is paid online to the 3rd party agency Accuplacer/Examity when you schedule an appointment.
- You must also have a computer (no cell phones) with camera/audio capability to test remotely.
To test remotely/online, please email your online testing request with the following detail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test sections (Reading, Writing, Math, Full Assessment, ESL etc.)
- Your full name
- Your K-ID number
A voucher number will be generated and instructions to register/schedule a test session with Examity will be sent to your Kellogg student email account.
Contact the Testing & Assessment/Placement office at email@example.com or 269-965-4136 for assistance with specific questions.
For placement information for Fall 2021, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
For placement information for Spring 2022, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
Location & Contact Information
The Testing & Assessment Center is located at the 450 North Ave campus in Battle Creek, in the Ohm Information Technology Center, Room 108. Direct questions to 269.965.4136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current in person office hours are: Mon-Thur 9:00am-5:00pm, (latest test start 3:30pm) with phone coverage until 6:00pm, and Fridays from 9:00am-4:00pm (latest test start 2:30pm)