Registration for the Spring 2022 semester will open Monday, October 25, 2021 at 7:00am online and 8:00am in-person. Classes begin January 18, 2022. Staff are available at 269.965.5522 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Choose In-Person or Remote Placement Testing with Next Gen Accuplacer Tests for:
- ESL Testing (For students for whom English is their second language)
NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® is a series of computer-adaptive placement assessments. NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® does not determine admission status with Kellogg Community College. there are three sections of the NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER®: reading, writing, and math, (4 if you are completing English as a second language tests). Sections are not timed, but students generally spend 30-45 minutes on each; expect to spend about 2 hours for all three sections.
For placement information for Fall 2021, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
For placement information for Spring 2022, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
For practice help, visit NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER.
To test you will need to:
- Complete the KCC Admission Application
- Provide a current picture ID: (Student ID or government issued ID, Driver’s license, State ID, Passport)
- Allow 1-3 hours for testing depending on the number of sections you take
- In-person testing is free UNLESS, it is a retake, then a $5.00 retest fee per test section must be paid before testing by phone with a credit/debit card by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 269.965.5522 or when you come in to test. Students must wait 24 hours from the time they finish a test to retake a test section.
ATTENTION – If you have high school transcript and/or ACT/SAT/PSAT scores that are less than 5 years old, please submit these to KCC, prior to testing. Sufficient test scores and final high school transcripts with a cumulative, non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher may eliminate or reduce your need for placement testing. Also, send your official college/university transcript(s), because an evaluation may determine transfer credits and/or may reduce or eliminate the need to complete testing.
Send documentation to email@example.com.
- *Students with a documented disability may submit documentation, identifying your accommodation need to the KCC Office of Support Services so that we can assist with your testing experience.
In-person Placement Testing
- Appointments are strongly recommended and walk-ins may not be able to be accommodated in order to maintain social distancing.
Click a link below to schedule an In-Person Accuplacer Assessment/Placement Test at one of our locations!
- Battle Creek Campus – click here to schedule an appointment!
- Eastern Academic Center, Albion – click here to schedule an appointment!
- Fehsenfeld Center, Hastings – click here to schedule an appointment!
- Grahl Center, Coldwater – click here to schedule an appointment!
Remote Online Placement Testing
- Convenient remote testing with a live representative.
- A proctoring fees of $25 is paid online to the 3rd party agency Accuplacer/Examity when you schedule an appointment.
- You must also have a computer (no cell phones) with a web camera/audio capability to test remotely.
To test remote/online, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Test sections (Reading, Writing, Math, Full Assessment, ESL etc.)
- Your full name
- Your K-ID number
A voucher number will be generated and instructions to register/schedule a test session with Examity will be sent to your KCC student email account.
- KCC will verify that your scores have uploaded to your record
- Contact Advising at: email@example.com
- Verify your address with the Registrar’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete KCC’s free Online Learner Orientation (KCCS-C100) so
that you may register for classes
Contact the Testing office at email@example.com or 269-965-4136 for assistance with specific testing questions.
Current in person office hours are: Mon-Thur 9:00am-5:00pm, (latest test start 3:30pm) with phone coverage until 6:00pm, and Fridays from 9:00am-5:00pm (latest test start 3:30pm)