Registration is now open for the Summer 2022 semester! Classes begin May 16, 2022. Staff are available at 269.965.5522 or email us at [email protected] with any questions!
*KCC campuses will be closed at noon on Fridays May 13th, 20th, 27th, then closed entirely on Fridays June 3rd through July 29th, then will be closed at noon on Fridays August 5th, 12th, and 19th.
*KCC campuses will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on May 30th, and Independence Day on July 4th.
Choose In-Person or Remote Placement Testing with Next Gen Accuplacer Tests for:
NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® is a series of computer-adaptive placement assessments. NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER® does not determine admission status with Kellogg Community College but can be used to meet course prerequisites as can be met with transcripts or other test achievement scores. There are three sections of the NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER®: reading, writing, and math, Sections are not timed, but students generally spend 30-45 minutes on each; expect to spend about 2 hours for all three sections.
For placement information for Fall 2021, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
For placement information for Spring 2022, please refer to this Placement Equivalency Chart.
For practice help, visit NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER.
To test you will need to:
- Complete the KCC Admission Application
- Provide a current picture ID: (Student ID or government issued ID, Driver’s license, State ID, Passport)
- Allow 1-3 hours for testing depending on the number of sections you take
- Complete KCC’s free Online Learner Orientation (KCCS-C100)
- In-person testing is free UNLESS, it is a retake, then a $5.00 retest fee per test section must be paid before testing by phone with a credit/debit card by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 269.965.5522 or when you come in to test. Students must wait 24 hours from the time they finish a test to retake a test section.
ATTENTION – If you have high school transcript and/or ACT/SAT/PSAT scores that are less than 5 years old, please submit these to KCC, prior to testing. Sufficient test scores and final high school transcripts with a cumulative, non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher may eliminate or reduce your need for placement testing. Also, send your official college/university transcript(s), because an evaluation may determine transfer credits and/or may reduce or eliminate the need to complete testing.
Send documentation to [email protected].
- *Students with a documented disability may submit documentation, identifying your accommodation need to the KCC Office of Support Services so that we can assist with your testing experience.
In-person Placement Testing
- Appointments are strongly recommended and walk-ins may not be able to be accommodated in order to maintain social distancing.
Click a link below to schedule an In-Person Accuplacer Assessment/Placement Test at one of our locations!
- Battle Creek Campus appointment!
- Eastern Academic Center/Albion appointment!
- Fehsenfeld Center/Hastings appointment!
- Grahl Center/Coldwater appointment!
Remote Online Placement Testing
- Convenient remote testing with a live representative.
- A proctoring fees of $25 is paid online to the 3rd party agency Accuplacer/Examity when you schedule an appointment.
- You must also have a computer (no cell phones) with a web camera/audio capability to test remotely.
To test remote/online, please email your request to [email protected] including:
- Test sections (Reading, Writing, Math, Full Assessment, etc.)
- Your full name
- Your K-ID number
A voucher number will be generated and instructions to register/schedule a test session with Examity will be sent to your KCC student email account.
- KCC will verify that your scores have uploaded to your record
- Contact Advising at: [email protected]
- Verify your address with the Registrar’s Office [email protected].
- Complete KCC’s free Online Learner Orientation (KCCS-C100) so
that you may register for classes
Contact the Testing office at [email protected] or 269-965-4136 for assistance with specific testing questions.
Assessment Testing office hours are: Mon-Thur 9:00am-5:00pm, (latest test start 3:30pm) with phone coverage until 6:00pm, and Fridays from 9:00am-4:00pm (latest test start 2:00pm) with phone coverage until 5:00pm.