Open the PDF below to view KCC’s latest volleyball schedule:
Click here to view team and individual photos of KCC’s 2019 women’s volleyball team on the College’s Flickr page. Photos may be downloaded for use by fans and the media.
KCC Volleyball History
Kellogg Community College’s volleyball program prides itself on continuing a strong tradition of excellence both on and off the court. The team boasts nearly three dozen championships since the 1970s, including three national championships, two state championships and nearly a dozen regional championships.
- Conference championships: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007
- State championships: 1999, 2003
- Regional championships: 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004
- National championships: 1978, 1979, 1980
- Additional national championship rankings: 3rd (2000), 4th (2003, 2004), 5th (1996, 1997, 2001), 6th (1999), 8th (1977)
- Click here to view the 2018-19 KCC Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
- Click here to view the 2017-18 KCC Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
- Click here to view the 2016-17 KCC Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
Title: Head Coach
Name: Tom VanWienen
Office: 269-965-3931 ext. 2535
This is Coach VanWienen’s 5th year as head coach. With Close to 500 HS wins, he is ranked as one of the top 25 winningest high school coaches in the state of Michigan. He has over 20 years experience coaching AAU club volleyball at the local and national level, winning the Asics Junior championship in 2012. Following in the footsteps of collegiate Hall of Fame Bruin volleyball coaches Mick Haley and John Knott, his goal is to return the Bruins to the top ranks in the league.
VanWienen currently serves as director of volleyball regional programming at Battle Creek’s WeCan Volleyball, which runs winter and spring teams that play on an AAU-based schedule throughout Southwest Michigan, and is a coach for the nonprofit Redline Volleyball Club, also located in the Battle Creek area.
Athletic scholarships are available under NJCAA rules, and we at KCC follow these regulations to the letter. For more information on availability of athletic scholarships, please contact the appropriate head coach or call the Athletic Department at 269-965-4151.
KCC is part of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association’s (MCCAA) Western Conference and is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association’s (NJCAA) Region 12.
- Michigan Community College Athletic Association
- National Junior College Athletic Association
- NJCAA Region 12
Note: Playing women’s volleyball at KCC is at the discretion of the head coach. All decisions as to who plays women’s volleyball at KCC for the following academic year are made before Aug. 1. Individuals interested in playing women’s volleyball at KCC should contact the coach before that date at 269-965-4151.