Semester Key Dates
As you continue through the semester, you may want to review some key semester dates (semester start/end, holiday closures, etc.). You will want to check in with your department chair/director for additional key semester dates.
- June 7: Registration opens
- August 30: Classes start
- September 6: Labor Day (KCC closed)
- November 23-26: Thanksgiving Break (KCC closed November 25 and 26)
- December 17: Classes end
- October 25: Registration opens
- January 17: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (KCC closed)
- January 18: Classes start
- April 4-8: Spring Break (KCC closed April 8)
- May 9: Classes end
- May 12: Commencement
- May 16: Classes start
- May 30: Memorial Day (KCC closed)
- July 4: Independence Day (KCC closed)
- August 4: Classes end
Save the Date: Fall 2022
Professional Development Opportunities
Our adjunct committee and work groups are working hard to put together more professional development opportunities in a variety of modalities. The following are available immediately:
- Adjunct Orientation Moodle section
This Moodle section is available to all adjunct faculty, chairs/directors, coordinators, and instructional support staff. Find the latest updates, recording of institutional meetings, technology and instructional support and more.
- Moodle training
Interested in using Moodle? Ron Coller offers training session (one-on-one or group).
- Advanced Moodle design
Would you like to add some visual appeal to your Moodle course? Not sure how or where to begin? Contact Tammy Douglas for assistance, tips, tricks and other Moodle fun.
- Instructional Design Basics (ID), Online Teaching and Learning (OTL), and educational technology
Interested in upgrading your course content, changing out assignments or assessments, and/or improving engagement with students? Contact Tammy Douglas to set up a time to discuss various ways in which to apply instructional design techniques to upgrade your course.
Yammer is an internal social media option for information sharing and discussion. A special Adjunct Faculty section has been set up to collect and post adjunct specific items. If you are interested in learning more, contact Tammy Douglas or check out this How To guide.