The Online Learner Orientation is a one-time prerequisite for students taking online courses. This course should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and will help you navigate through your online courses at KCC.
This course must be completed prior to registration of any KCC online course. Grades are posted within 24 hours each business day.
Now that you know, what do you do?
- Log in to the Bruin Portal.
- In the “KCC Self-Service Center,” click on “Search and Register for Classes/Student Planning.”
- Under “Search for Courses and Course Section,” click on “Online Learner Orientation.”
- Click on “View Available Sections for KCCS-C100,” select available course and click on “Add Section to Schedule.”
- Click the “Student Planning” tab and click on “Plan and Schedule.”
- Click on the course in your plan and then click on the register in the box on the left. Your course should turn from yellow to green.
- The course will appear in the Bruin Portal by clicking on the Moodle box (this may take up to 20 minutes after registration).
- Click on the course title (for example, “20/FA Online Learner Orientation (KCCS C100-90)”). This link will take you in to the course.
- Once in the course, you will see the first of four lessons: “Lesson 1: Getting Started.”
- There are a total of four lessons; each must be completed with an 80% or higher. If you score lower than 80%, you may repeat the lesson up to three times.
- Once you have achieved an 80% or higher on a lesson, the next lesson will unlock.
- When you have completed all four lessons, make sure to retrieve your Certificate of Completion (which will also trigger your final grade submission).
If you are still having difficulty registering, please contact the Registrar’s office at 269-965-5522.
For assistance with technical issues, please contact the Help Desk at 269-965-4148.