The Kellogg Community College Police Academy prepares students to become certified as police officers in Michigan and is one of just three part-time police academies in the state.
The academy is approximately 10 months long, with most training conducted three days per week, making the program a more convenient choice than other options for working adults with busy schedules.
Applications for the 2021-22 KCC Police Academy are due July 31.
Students should not complete KCC’s Police Academy application until they are sure they meet the requirements to begin the program. Students unsure about whether or not they are ready to apply should contact KCC’s Criminal Justice office at 269-660-7703.
Police Academy Application Instructions
Please review all instructions before completing the application below.
- Police Academy Application – Instructions
- Police Academy Application – MCOLES Standards
- Police Academy Application – Fitness Test Minimums
- Police Academy Application – Reading & Writing Testing Instructions
Police Academy Application Forms
All application forms below should be downloaded and returned as part of your application packet.
- Police Academy Application – Applicant Checklist
- Police Academy Application – MCOLES Personal History Statement
- Police Academy Application – KCC Background Supplementation
- Police Academy Application – MCOLES Physician’s Health Screening Form
- Police Academy Application – Fitness Test Application
- Police Academy Application – Driving Record Request
- Police Academy Application – MFR Disclaimer
If you have questions about the Police Academy application process or the academy itself, contact Police Academy Manager Brett Weiss at WeissB@kellogg.edu or 269-565-7896.
More information about the KCC Police Academy, including sample training schedules, degree and transfer information and more, is available at kellogg.edu/law-enforcement.