Transfer Information

Students who enroll at Kellogg Community College with the intention of transferring to a baccalaureate college or university need to:

  1. Meet with a KCC academic advisor to discuss an intended major, degree requirements, general education and transferability of courses.
  2. Obtain a Transfer Guide developed by the transfer institutions to assist students through the transfer process.
  3. Learn to use the Michigan Transfer Network to verify transferability of KCC courses.
  4. Evaluate transfer institutions to learn about entrance and degree requirements.
  5. Visit and meet with an advisor at the transfer institution.
  6. Apply early and meet deadlines for financial aid, scholarships and housing at the transfer institution.
  7. Request to have KCC transcripts sent to the transfer institution.

In Michigan, most community colleges and universities maintain the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA), which is designed to facilitate transfer from community colleges to baccalaureate colleges and universities. The agreement provides for transferability of up to 30 semester credits to meet many, and in some cases all, of the General Education requirements at participating Michigan four-year colleges and universities. Students may complete the MTA as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package.