Emergency Community Services

If you need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1.

Occasionally, personal problems may interfere with academic success. Talking to a professional counselor can help students clarify their thoughts, find solutions, and plan changes.

Domestic Violence

  • Safe Place (Battle Creek): 1-888-664-9832
  • Sexual Assault Services: 1-888-383-2192

USA National Suicide Hotlines

Toll-free – 24 hours – seven days per week

  • 1-800-SUICIDE  or 1-800-784-2433
  • 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255
  • TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY or 1-800-799-4889

Personal Counseling & Substance Abuse

  • Summit Pointe (Calhoun County): 269-966-1460
  • The Pines (Branch County): 517-279-8404
  • Barry County CMH: 269-948-8041
  • LifeWays (Jackson County): 517-789-1209
  • Kalamazoo County CMH: 269-553-8000
To schedule a confidential appointment with a KCC Counselor, call 269-441-CHAT (2428) or email us at [email protected].

Current students can schedule a phone appointment by accessing Starfish, located in the Bruin Portal. Learn more about how to schedule an appointment using Starfish.