While ensuring the academic integrity of its programs, Kellogg Community College is dedicated to providing the reasonable accommodations needed to ensure equal access to educational opportunities for individuals with verified disabilities. Disability services are provided to students who self-disclose a disability to the Center for Student Success Department (located in the Ohm Information Technology Center, room 207) and provide appropriate documentation.
- Provide disability documentation to Center for Student Success. Documentation must be provided by a licensed professional, with specific knowledge of both the individual and the disability, and include: diagnosis, method of diagnosis, how the disability affects one or more major life function and recommendations for academic accommodations in a college setting.
- Print this doctor letter and provide it to the appropriate health professional in order to assist in obtaining disability documentation.
- At the time of your documentation submission, please discuss with a Center for Student Success professional what accommodations you deem appropriate and effective in assisting you in fully participating in the educational environment.
- Center for Student Success will fully evaluate the request, utilizing the documentation provided, your discussion with Center for Student Success, and Center for Student Success’ knowledge of the educational environment and will notify you of the determination via KCC email.
- Each semester email notification of reasonable accommodations will be provided to eligible registered students and their instructors via KCC email.
- Speak directly with each of your instructors every semester in order to make arrangements to utilize your accommodations. In some instances your instructor will be able to provide the accommodations directly. However, at other times you and your instructor may also need to coordinate your accommodations with the Center for Student Success Department.
- If at anytime you determine that your accommodations are not sufficiently assisting you in fully participating in the educational environment, please contact Center for Student Success immediately to review current services and determine if additional services are necessary.
For more information, contact Center for Student Success at 269-965-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.