The Special Populations Grant is partially funded by the Federal Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Act. The Michigan Talent Investment Agency provides oversight of the grant administration.
Students must be enrolled in an approved occupational program and meet one of the following requirements:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Economically disadvantaged
- Youth who are in, or have aged out of, foster care
- Individuals preparing for non-traditional fields: A person who desires to be trained in a career that is not traditionally chosen for his/her gender
- Single parents (including single pregnant women; including low-income youths and adults)
- English as a second language
- Career, academic, and personal counseling
- Peer mentors
- Professional academic assistance
- Peer tutoring
- Disability services
- Limited financial assistance
Contact the Center for Student Success at 269-965-4150 or email@example.com for more specific information or to schedule an appointment.