Tutoring is individualized assistance from a qualified peer or professional who obtained a level of competency in the subject area.
When do I need tutoring?
- Discuss course concerns with your instructor
- After following suggestions, request a tutor if you still need help
- If your instructor recommends tutoring – request a tutor
What is the tutoring policy?
- You must be a KCC student
- You must be currently enrolled in the class you are requesting tutoring for
- You have met course prerequisites
- You have attended class regularly
- You have talked with your instructor (to provide the best assistance, we may also contact your instructor)
- Weekly tutoring hours may not exceed total credit hours of the course
- If you miss two tutoring sessions without prior notification, your tutoring will be canceled
- Behavior problems may result in termination of tutoring services
- All tutoring MUST take place in a public setting
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is important to note that not all tutoring is done one-on-one. You may also be in a session with more than one student in the same course.