Need help creating a résumé or cover letter?
Would like your résumé or cover letter critiqued?
Not sure where to start?
Contact Career and Employment Services at 269.565.2637 or email@example.com to schedule a meeting. Résumés and cover letters can be dropped off in person (Student Center, Suite 105, next to cafeteria) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Tips: Résumé and Cover Letter Writing
- Use key words and phrases; a résumé must be relevant to the job
- Focus on accomplishments, not just day-to-day responsibilities
- Create key sections of your résumé like Profile, Education, and Experience
- Update regularly and have other people review it, must be grammatically correct and error free
- Must be esthetically appealing – check margins, font (size/style), tabs; email as a PDF
See below for sample resumes –