We want to give you good advice and guide you into courses that are right for you. In order for that to happen, we need to assess your basic reading, writing and math skills. Currently, KCC uses the Accuplacer assessment, which takes an hour or two to complete.
Walk-in assessment appointments are available at:
- Battle Creek campus, Room 108 of the Ohm Information Technology Center
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Regional centers (hours vary; call ahead)
Testing tips and information
- Eat well and hydrate. You will need to make sure your body is fueled before your two-hour assessment.
- Bring a photo ID. Any government-issued photo ID works for testing (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Relax. Breathe and take your time. The test is not timed, so you don’t have to rush. Do your best work as your scores will be used for placement.
Need personal help?
Contact one of our friendly testing representatives at 269-965-4136 or email@example.com.